A blog about nothing

About nothing, with a little bit of everything.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Part Two: The Unsupported

     Yesterday I posted about a jailbreak for iOS 4.1. At the time, I  hadn't done it (was midway through updating to 4.1) but now I've gotten things up and running. Some users are reporting that apps are missing or that they only appear as white icons after jailbreaking; I didn't experience this. If you do, however, try rebooting your phone.

     The jailbreak itself hasn't caused me any problems. I've had no randome reboots, or freezes, or random bugs; jailbreak apps (ones found in Cydia) are a different story. Many of my favorite apps are not yet supported for 4.1. biteSMS and FolderEnhancer are two of the most useful apps I used in 4.0.1 but sadly, they are not iOS 4.1 ready. If you are a user who enjoys using many Cydia apps, I'd wait a few more weeks before updating to 4.1 to give devs some extra time to catch up.

32 comments:

  1. thanks for the info, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to hear it works for you, JB ftw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well then don't get the 4.1 jailbreak right? why not stick to the 4.01 until there's a better version of 4.1 and all apps are updated to go with iphone OS 4.1

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to jailbreak my ipod touch so bad.. im so paranoid that it'll break though :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. It's true, though, what Igloo says. If you kinda want to jailbreak it, but aren't all into the risk of screwing things up (Even if the chance is seriously low), it's okay to just not jailbreak it. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a good follow up post to the previous one

    I have a new post on GTL Everyday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg i want to learn how to jailbreak -_-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've gotten a jailbreaked phone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments on my blog :)

    I have new bubbles on Enhanced by MS Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jailbreaking is so useful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha a jailbreak for the iOS 4.1 already, great post

    ReplyDelete
  12. thats a cool way of looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the info!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great read! Looking forward to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice, I need help hacktivating the iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1. It appears harder to jailbreak the older generations now.

    ReplyDelete